Tuesday, July 05, 2005

What does fight jason mean?

Please allow me to explain what I meant in titling my blog fight jason. Let me start by saying that I intentionally selected this to be the name of my blog. You ask why? In my experience, the best way to aid retention and invoke participation in prayer for a cause is through the means of repetition and access. So I figured what better way to do this than by titling the site I plan on my all my friends and family using to stay in touch with me on as a means to pray for that which I desire them most to interceed on my behalf for. Now, what do I mean by fight? The biblical command to fight comes from 1 Timothy 6:12, "Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses." It needs to be noted here that faith is a fight against the enemy and our own flesh. The enemy desires to steal the joy of knowing and be satisfied in Christ alone (John 10:10, Ps. 16:11), to kill the life that Christ is to our souls (1 John 5:11-12, John 14:6, John 11:25-26, John 17:3), and utterly destroy the holiness that the Spirit seeks to produce in our lives (2 Cor. 3:18, 1 Thes. 4:7-8, Col. 1:22-23) and without with we will not see the Lord (Heb. 12:14). Our flesh joins the enemies efforts in the fight against us to grieve the Spirit of holiness (Gal. 5:16-17) and to provoke us in God-hating (Rom. 8:6-8, Rom. 7:17-20). Therefore, we've been called to fight against these forces in the power of the Spirit to kill that which hates God and which God hates to His glory in our holiness. For this reason, I ask that everytime you visit my blog or even think of it that you pray "FIGHT JASON!" May God grant the power to persevere in hope and faith (Rom. 15:5-6, Rom. 15:13) through the dependence of His people on His Spirit, who does all things for the exaltation of Christ! (Eph. 1:13-14)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes!!! I understand completely. I would have never thought of this idea myself nor anticipated its orginal intent but now it makes complete sense. I have no doubt that when I think of you, my mind will immediately be triggered with "FIGHT JASON!" I am grateful for this! Thank you!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home