Tuesday, August 21, 2007

In Accordance with Reality

Small Group Fighter Verse Summary Poem
(Feb. 2007 – July 2007)

We live and die to self for Christ,
His ownership demands such price (Rom.14:7-8),
The Lord your God, my soul, now bless,
I paint His face, His works attest (Ps.103:1-4)
His acts articulate His name with soul-strengthening satisfaction,
The oppressed freed in seeing his sovereign character revelation (Ps.103:5-7)
Free, powerful, relational, immeasurably great and wise,
His steadfast love He gives to those, whose fear also supplied (Psalm 103:11-14)
Eternal are the steadfast love and righteousness of God,
Fading vapor, withered grass man’s accomplishment from sod (Psalm 103:15-18)
Slight and momentary pain works eternal weighty glory,
Faith is fixed on He unseen, until He closes story (2 Cor.4:17-18)
God is light and we are dark, disguise our sins’ delight
New creatures hate hypocrisy, confession breeding sight (2 Cor.5:17)
The medicine of joy through injected Bible heals brokenness of heart
Run to the Tower, the LORD His name, find safety from the start (Prov.17:2, 18:10)
The new mouth builds and fits with grace, appropriate for each,
Be a doer who listens well, not a don’ter, conversation leech (Eph. 4:29)
Be, incline, let not, keep, keep; your ear, My words, your heart
Watch yourself, your heart is trixy, be then sincerely smart (Prov.4:20-23)
Put, put, look, ponder, don’t swerve; mouth, eye, mind, foot addressed,
Straight-forward, holy habit forming; Spirit’s normal pattern expressed (Prov.4:24-27)
Authority, serious, obedience and near,
The father commands more than knowledge proximity endear (Prov.6:20-21)
Enlighten, Enflame, Empower; my mind and heart and will,
This the prayer of constant grace the sinner begs “reveal” (Prov.6:20-21)
I have been crucified with Christ, and so I’m crucified to me,
The evidence of death required, faith and sacrifice like He (Gal. 2:20)
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control,
The Spirit’s fruit observable, so test yourself, your heart patrol (Gal. 5:22-23)
In trouble trust the Stronghold, you oppressed to God do flee,
His name is never-failing, what a welcome place to be (Psalm 9:9-10)
My needs all met in Jesus, by His strength I do all things;
The secret of contentment, knowing Christ, my spirit sings! (Phil.4:13-19)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and though through with freshness!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I got to the bottom of the poem, I began to happily recognize the verses that I myself have memorized in the last couple months. Very nice rendition, I appreciate your God-given talent.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home