Friday, January 04, 2008

What a year!

Brothers and Sisters,
An update for sure is way overdue as to what's going on up here in the frozen twin cities. Well to begin, it's really cold and really frozen! But it's actually supposed to get above freezing tomorrow.......can you believe it?!!!

In my first semester here in TBI the Lord has taught me many wonderful things including:
*How true Christian liberty is to express itself
*Why the freedom and love of God are at the heart of the gospel
*Why the soverignty of God is such a gift to the church
*Why sincerity is of upmost importance in ministry and Christian living
*Why biblical gender roles must necessarily be clearly defined and delighted in
*Why faith in the grace of God is always future-oriented, though strengthened by the past
*What it means to be truly compassionate and "for" people's joy
*How and why God's glory and man's joy are maximized in unison
*That my quickness to speak stems from pride, discontentment and the fear of man
*That my view of God determines my view of myself
*That the presence of God is the secret to faithfulness and perseverance in ministry
*That God reveals certain specific sins of ours to others in the body of Christ in order to humble us and to encourage us to welcome correction and help from others
*Why everyone is not encouraged by the same things
*That my concern need not be on how the message was presented, but how it was received

These are the ones that popped into my head, and I would love to talk about them with you next time we talk. I also wanted to include some pictures from the fall and Christmas so that you can put faces with some of my dearest friends and family members. In the new year may the Lord provide overwhelming opportunities to bless His name and to grow in the knowledge of Him and in love for Him!
Blessings, jason
__________________________________________________________________








My mentor, David Livingston, my accountability partner and TBI brother, Johnathon Bowers.
















My TBI Dean and friend, Tom Steller










My friend Tyler and I after a few late nights of studying













I think my brain is about to explode from all this studying














My family away from home, my small group














The 2007 Calcote Family Christmas photo














My brother Bernie, a.k.a. Da Sklew,
and sister Wendy, a.k.a. Weiner















My nephew, Hayden Evans, a.k.a. "The Little Naked", who here is neither little anymore nor naked

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

I would love to hear more about this lesson:

"Why sincerity is of upmost importance in ministry and Christian living."

I believe this to be true, I'm just not sure how to expound upon the topic. Would you mind helping me out a bit?

Your friend from CS,

Travis Mitchell

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home